Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sunny Day

We have reached mid-January and while the sun shines it is still very chilly. The palms look forlorn.
I thought I might tell you something about who I am. Well, needless to say, I am a Sixty, I can type the word but somehow when I try to say it, it gets stuck just behind my teeth and won't come out. I have a husband who endures my odd thoughts and questions. I have a beagle who looks more like a door stop in that she is very round. I also have a Bassett hound that is spoiled rotten and thinks he is the Prince of our street.
I have two grown sons and five grandchildren. Again, the thought of Senior Citizen didn't occur to me until my oldest grandson graduated high school last summer. The grandkids range from 19 to a year and a half. I am sure they think they have the silliest Grandma in the world.
I looked in the mirror this morning (not recommended unless you have had a lot of work done) and decided that my reflection looked a lot like a crazed Lhasa Apso ( or however, you spell that annoying little dogs breed).
I am not a Christian, and am leaning toward Buddha. Just makes more sense to me at this point in my life. I am a far left Liberal and tend to blame everything on the Bush/Cheney/Republicans. Like the sun just went behind a cloud. Has to be their fault.
I love good rock and roll, some blues, some bluegrass, some classical, and some jazz. I am an avid reader. Even to the point that I have reading material in my bathroom. I love the "New Yorker" magazine and "Harpers". Yesterday, I was reading an article by Ian Frazier in the "New Yorker" while doing bathroom business, and nearly fell off the throne laughing. My husband asked if I was ok, couldn't answer because of laughing so hard. This is why is just shakes his head and leaves me be.
I am finding that strange questions are popping in my head these days. Like I had to lookup why Scotland Yard was called such. Seemed a strange name for something in England. Now, I know after looking it up on this internet. Also why do waves break when they do? My husband explained that to me.
So this is where I am at 60. I love the strangeness of this last third. It amazes me at how I've changed over the years. Now I just want to laugh all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Wish my writing skills were as clever. Glad you joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete