Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday

As I was drinking my coffee this morning, I learned that Greg Allman is 63. I find myself in disbelief that all the rockers (who I might add are still rocking) are getting old. What will happen when all the good ones are gone? Music has just gotten to strange for me. Ha, I think that is what my parents said about the Beatles and the Stones.
I also learned that only 7 out of 10 people were not yet born when John F. Kennedy took office. Dang, can that really be true? The other thing that caught my attention about JFK's election is that your WASP (white anglosaxon protestant voter was scared silly to have a catholic in the white house. Now we are fearing any belief system that is not Christian. Arrgh, wants to make scream. Granted, I was about 12 when he took office but I just marveled at those numbers.
Martin Luther King Day is Monday, and I urge everyone,who has not already, read his letters from the Selma Jail. Inspiring and we could learn a lot from rereading them.
1951 also saw the use by the military industrial complex using what was called the "New Magic Box", known as a desk top computer. Now there is hardly a place where computers are not.
1951 also saw the "Red Scare". Communists were coming out of the woodwork according to some in the government. Now we have Wikileaks. I say, the truth shall prevail. I don't believe that Wikieaks are lying.
As far as my personal life, well, I am still ready to harass my Bassett hound. He wanted to have a late night again. So my neighbors will see me barking randomly at him to keep him awake today.
I got up and got dressed only to realize a couple of hours later that I had my shirt on wrong side out. Thank goodness, I didn't have to go anywhere today. Sad, to say, that this is not the first time I've done this. Don and I watched football last night. He likes it and I think it is stupid. So I get to ask really dumb questions and irritate him with observations about the game. Like, the time on the game clock is not real time. That there is probably a director somewhere saying,"stretch, we have 20 more minutes until 8 p.m." While the game clock says 3 minutes before the game is over, it never happens in that amount of time. And oh my god, those great big old men are wearing fanny packs. That so went out with the 80's. (my attempt at diva).
On to a new week. Hope it gets warmer and less gray. I have enough gray in my hair to look at, thank you very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment