Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sun is shining this morning, The issues of the day are really not issues but how to deal with unpleasant people. I am thinking of some who are wrapped in their appearance and constantly need ego boosts. One way they do this is by putting down everyone that they deem to be less or by extracting false compliments. It seems to get worse as age comes upon them.
Age is a natural occurrence. I rather like the changes that have come on me. Yes, I have lots of gray hair. I've tried the hair coloring thing, and to my eyes it just looks stupid. I've earned every one of these gray hairs. Why would I want to cover up experiences? Yes, I have wrinkles. They too are a badge of experience. Why would I want to get rid of them. No, I don't have the body of a 20 year old. I don't what I'd do with it if I did. It would look stupid on a 60 year old. I do use make-up on occasion, but it is very light and just to make me look non-dead. My boobs are my own and with right bra the girls still make a statement of womanhood. I don't want compliments that are about my appearance, that is just to shallow. I'd rather have compliments on my brain, on my level of caring about humanity, on my never ending search for the meaning of me.
Leave the ego at the door. This can be the only way to deal with the unpleasing folks. If you can't get pass their ego, then ignore them.

1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up on the Blog Mom. You write so marvelously. Can't wait to read what's next.

    ReplyDelete