Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sunny and warm today. The cardinals are massing in my yard. I can feel spring. It always happens to me at the end of January. I can feel a longing in my soul for the warmth of the sun on my face and the smell of new grass and flowers.
It is like there is an unexpected gift in the air. Everyday there is a new discovery. An unexpected green patch in the yard, the trees starting to look like they are covered in a green fluff until the leaves come out.
I was wondering if there is a name for this feeling of expectation. Maybe it is my Druid soul coming out, with the budding of the trees. It moves an unexpected place deep inside.
The only comparison that I have for all this is the sound of my sons voices. The sound of their laughter and the smiles they have. It is the same feeling. Is that strange? Guess not for a mom.
60 years of Spring and I still find the wonder. That is, as Martha Stewart (ugh), would say, is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment