Monday, January 17, 2011

Raining this morning. No sun, it all looks so sad. I hope this is the beginning of our spring. May be a tiny bit early.
It is Martin Luther King holiday. I do wish we would all think like him and Gandhi. The world would be a better place to live.
I was surfing through the television channels the other night and came upon the Miss America Pageant. The important thing they were commenting on were gowns and shoes. Good grief, I am lucky to get dressed. Yes, I know your thinking I can't even get my clothes on right-side out. However, when the one girls talent was ventriloquism that was when I had to turn the channel. Have our young women really become so unaware of who they really are? It is as if the 50's are back. What have we (women) gained if we are still so hung up on outfits?
Don't get me wrong, I like clothes and shoes. I am more into comfort now. I didn't see one pair of Birkenstock shoes. I say bring on the real women. One of the girls said that her shoes were hand stitched. I wondered who stitched them and how much did they get paid for that job and how much did they cost? I wanted to scream at the TV, but I didn't want to wake up Don.
Not much else going on here today. I will attempt to get a few things done. I feel like doing some painting. Maybe something random in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment