Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday/Jan.21,2011

Today was my Dad's birthday. He was a gentleman. Not to many can attain that goal today. Dad was kind, gentle, funny, and always caring. For all my sons and grandsons, remember that you come from these traits.
I heard a conversation the other day, about that as you get older you start subtracting from your life. I never knew how to put into words that feeling, that material things (other than I still want a black, VW convertible with a kick ass stereo system), mentally , and emotionally.
Mentally, I find that this is true. Somethings just don't really matter any more and you start to wonder about the bigger picture. Oh, I do find that I lose things on a fairly consistent basis, or can't remember what I did yesterday.
Emotionally, I think we just start to ignore people and places that want to control or are shallow. Our hearts break faster at little slights and are able to forgive them at the same rate.
I find that I really want to start getting rid of "things". This is difficult since Don is a pack rat. It is a frustration. If I had my way, I would back up a huge trash bin and start tossing crap.
I find the only thing I really need is conversations with my sons, my sister, the laughter of my grandchildren and the look of love from my Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment