Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday, Bucket List

I saw the movie "The Bucket List", and while it really wasn't a very good movie, I decided to make one for myself. I thought I would share some of it with you.

I would like a week with my boys, Ian and Timothy. No kids, no wives. Just me and my boys.

I would like to visit Great Britain, and Ireland. Just a search for ancestors and feel the English soil under my feet.

Again, I want a new VW convertible, black, navigation system, and a kick butt sound system.

I want mannequin arms to put in my garden. Odd, yes, I know. Maybe my way of waving goodbye.

A week in a beach house. I live within 30 miles of the beach, but I can't hear the waves at night. This house should also come equipped with an industrial blender for making Cranberry Margaritas.

I would like my ashes shot into space when I die. However, my wonderful niece gave me a great idea, just in case the cost of space is out of the question. Just pack my ashes into fireworks and have a hell of a 4th of July.

Ride in a hot air balloon. This goes back to my wanting to go to Oz.

See the summer solstice at Stonehenge. See the sunset at Key West. See sunrise in Nova Scotia.

An entire summer to travel to Illinois, Kansas, and South Dakota.

A week with my sister and brother. Just the 3 of us. No kids allowed.

A week with all my kids and grandkids.

Whale watching. Not in one of those annoying little boats, but from a place that wouldn't disturb them.

Ride on the Orient Express. That costing to much then I would settle for a train trip across America.


So that is my list so far. There are lots of little things that pass through my thoughts but these are the really important ones. I know that most won't happen but who knows, maybe one or two will come true.

1 comment:

  1. I love your "bucket" list. I made one a couple of years ago. I too want to do a hot air balloon ride. I won a raffle for a tandem skydive which I did last year and it was great. I still want to do the balloon ride too...just call me Dorothy..LOL..

    I've requested that my kids spread my ashes in the prairies of Wyoming or N. Dakota with my husbands ashes..that's almost like sending them into space...I like the idea of the rocket fireworks..I might borrow the idea from you if it's all right..

    I'm getting a visual of mannekin arms in the garden...Interesting!
    Here's to Bucket Lists

    ReplyDelete