Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb. 15, 2011 Friends

I've been thinking about all the friends I have had through 60 years. Some have been lost and some have stayed.
It is a wonderful thing when you can look back over a life time and know that some friends will be there forever.
I have friends from growing up in a small town in Illinois. There is Janice and Jo-Ellen. I really cannot remember a time when they weren't around. Now we live far apart but can keep up with this wonderful new tool of the internet.
Kathy moved to our town in Junior High. She, became another of the friends that will remain.
We were all girls together. The summers of swimming at the lake, riding bikes, and falling in and out of what we were sure was love.
There are friends from South Dakota, that have now scattered to the winds. Ha, I guess we all got tired of the intense cold. There were days of being together that allowed us to grow into our adult selves. Some were married or got married in the few years we all had together. We had kids or saw friends become parents. We are still in touch and most of us are grandparents now.
I have friends from work. Although, I have lost track of some, others remain and I hope will do so forever.
I have made new friends of neighbors and cherish that phone call that comes once or twice a week to check to make sure all is ok.
Again, I guess my best friend is my sister. She is there no matter what. We've had long years of not understanding each other, but I think we have always known that we were still best friends.
I have my Don. He is here on a day to day basis and even though he is my husband, he too, is a best friend. I can laugh and cry with him. I guess that is what it is really all about, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment