Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday, Feb. 13, 2011

I thought I would write a little on Valentines Day. I worked for years at Hallmark and dreaded Valentines Day.
It was awful trying to satisfy all the customers who felt we should have a card for "my dead uncle's daughter's step-son's wife" . Also, there were the guys who it just dawned on them that it was Valentines Day. Although, you could pretty much talk them into the $200.00 (ugly & stupid) Precious Moments piece, a $50.00 box of really awful chocolate, and then of course, the $7.50 card. What a bunch of morons! You could see them coming from a mile a way. " Ha, watch this, my fellow co-workers, I'll bet I can get this one to buy a $200.00 Madame Alexander doll, we've been trying to get rid of all winter." What a bunch of schmucks!
But then there is a side to the holiday that does have a nice purpose. It is just to let the one you love know that you love them. There are some truly wonderful love stories out there. You just have to look.
I would say that my sister had a wonderful love story. She told me that she saw my brother-in-law at the age of 13 and knew she would marry him. Granted, she did marry him and it didn't have the fairytale ending, but I truly think that between them they new that they would always be in love.
My sons seem to have found that wonderful type of love also. Ian and Angie, Tim and Jennifer, all seem to have that love that will last forever. I am so glad for them.
I have had the fairy tale love of youth, and it will probably stay with me until I die. But I've found a love that is wonderful, true and caring. What more could I want? I am so thankful that I found this man. He is funny and loving and I really couldn't ask for more. Some fairy tales do come true, some are just a place in your heart that will always be there.
So if you have someone, look in their eyes and tell them you love them. That truly is what the day is about.

1 comment: