Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wonderful Day to Paint

It has been a lovely sunny warm day. I started a Mandala Circle on the screen porch yesterday. What fun! I have found that my creative soul is very happy with paint on my hands and an idea in my heart and head.
Maybe it was a death of someone from my happy days of being a little girl that spawned this creative flow. A woman who's son was my age, passed away a few days ago. Her son and I were nearly inseparable when we very little. She was just a farm wife and a mom, but what a wonderful woman she was. She taught Sunday School at a tiny church in a tiny town in Illinois. She taught me the song, "This Little Light of Mine". She will never know how comforting that little song had become to me. Yes, it is a Christian song, but I think of it more as a human song. When things get tough, my Little Light, shines the brightest. I will miss the thought that given a real need I could have visited with her. Even though I hadn't seen her in many, many years, it was a comforting thought that she would still be there. I guess, in a sense she will always be with me, in my heart and memories. I hope that some child would think of me that way. What a wonderful thing, to be the "light" for some child.

No comments:

Post a Comment