Friday, March 18, 2011

Childhood favorites

The Cartoon Network is now running Loony Toons again. I am so excited. There is nothing like Bugs Bunny and company to make me giggle.
Loony Toons are one thing that no matter my age, I will always love. My favorite one is the one where Bugs finds himself at a Bullfight. The Bull in the cartoon has the best facial expressions ever. I have seen this one a million times and it still just makes me laugh until near pain.
I know that these cartoons are considered "harmful, violent, and etc." but I don't believe that our generation is any the worse off for having laughed at them. I can hardly watch todays cartoon shows that my grandchildren like, they are so stupid and contrived.
Also, I believe that my generation learned a lot about classical music from cartoons. Bugs and Elmer in an opera, the frustrated Conductor in a couple of other cartoons. Even the "Lone Ranger" used "William Tell Overture."
The cartoons today use little if any music.
I am recording all the Bugs I can for now, and I am sure I will watch them over and over and over when I need a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment