Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 5, 2011

Today is my brother's birthday. He is 66. I still think of him as he was when he was about 14. He was a jolly kid and could always make me laugh. I hope he has a wonderful day.
The sun has been out all day and is warm. I looked early last week and the trees were just looking fuzzy. Now the leaves are fully out and that wonderful Spring neon green. It happened so quick. I guess that is the way life is for me these days. One minute the world is one way and the next it has all changed around, and I have some how missed the change.
I was thinking of music this week. President Obama and First Lady Michelle hosted the Motown Concert at the White House. Wow, it was very good. I grew up with the Motown sound. The Temptations still get my feet tapping. When I was 16 I got see Dinah Ross and Supremes in St. Louis. It was so exciting. I just don't think there will ever be a sound like the Motown Sound again.
My youngest son called this morning. He keeps regular tabs on me. That is nice. I hope I get to go out to Kansas this summer and visit. I sure would like to meet my youngest granddaughter and catch up with Kayla. I miss them both.
My sister sent me a book of Mandalas. They are sacred circles. Very cool, I may try to paint one on the screen porch. She always seems to know how to center my joy and my pain. That is a true talent.
Nothing fun this week. It has just been a week out of so many behind and ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment