Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 9, 2011

Rain, rain, rain and more rain. The Lyle Love-It will be sad as he won't be able to go outside today. The puddles are deeper than he is tall.
My youngest son, Timothy, posted on his Facebook page a song and a pondering of what it will be like when his girls are grown and gone. Yes, my dear son, it is sad and very quiet. I miss my boys laughter most of all. Tim and Ian have very distinctive laughs and it is like music to my ears to hear. I also love to hear my grandchildren giggle. It as though a bell were tinkling in Heaven. I hope he and Ian get to hear the laughter of their grandkids. Maybe then they will understand just how wonderful it is to hear.
I have found that at 60 a person disappears. It is easy to forget that you exist. That you have thoughts, feelings and still love passionately. I guess with the gray hair you start to fade as a person, until you become a ghost. Most people look right past you and dismiss anything you might voice an opinion about. Ha, maybe that is why we are louder in our old age. We just want someone to fucking listen and not dismiss our thoughts.
It is odd this disappearing act that I am in right now. I've always fantasied about having the ability to disappear. But I wanted it to be on my terms, at will. This is not how it was supposed to go. Guess, that will teach me to be careful what I wish for.
I would really like to go to the ocean today and watch the waves. I need the centering that the ocean brings.
Hope everyone has a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment