Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I got up at 4:30a.m. to watch the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Cate Middleton. I usually get up about this time to go to the bathroom for the umpteenth time during the night. It was lovely. What was sad was that Prince William's mother was not there. I hated it for him. He looked every bit the Prince. Handsome in his military uniform.
It was a lovely wedding. Cate looked wonderful. Not over the top, just classic. She is a lovely girl.
I hope that the fates will be with them and they have a long and wonderful life together.
A few observances about the people attending the wedding. Queen Elizabeth looked regal in her yellow outfit, but Prince Phillip just looked old and grouchy. Prince Charles looked his dowdy self and Camilia just as bad. I really don't like that woman, and I don't think Charles should ever become king. I really don't like the man. But not being British I guess we have no say in the matter.
Weddings are odd celebrations. It is all to stressful and silly. My second wedding was wonderful. A warm beach at sunset with just a few family and friends. Perfect. My first wedding was just to stressful and silly. No, there won't be anymore for me.
Now, I will just wait on my Grandchildren. My granddaughters will be beautiful brides. They are truly wonderful girls and will grow into marvelous women. I just marvel at them. They are smart, funny, loving and caring girls. The grandsons are handsome and caring. They will make wonderful husbands. Their dad has set a good example for them.
April is almost over. May will soon bring warmer temperatures and lazy days. We will all be looking forward to summer.
All of us should take time to notice the world as it blooms to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment