Thursday, April 14, 2011

April

Well, another lovely day here. I saw a Bunny early this morning sprint across the yard. My Lyle Love-It missed it. He is not the most aware dog in the world.
Got an comment on the last bit of blog. Oh well, such is the life of the written word. I guess that is just the way it goes for commenting on life.
This month in 1951 found Gen. McArthur being fired. I do wish we could fire a bunch of the Military Advisors we have now. We are losing a lot in this made up war. Time gather all our toys and go home.
The book "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn" was released in April of 1951. It is a lovely little book that all teen girls should read.
We tested two bombs in April of 1951. What a shame that we thought this would make us safer. We now know that it is not safer and that any energy derived from this process is really not safe. I keep waiting for Godzilla to emerge from the Pacific Ocean. While I feel bad for the Japanese people, you think they would have known that Nuclear energy is a bad thing. We already proved that to them. So I guess in the end we are to blame for all this mess.
In April of 1961 Bob Dylan debuted at a club in Greenwich Village. Hard to fathom that he is still around making music. A true poet of our times.
Well, Lyle is knocking on the door. He needs something. Maybe he will sing to me or at the very least give me that look of love. At the end, I guess a dogs love is as good as any. At least I don't have to worry about my thoughts to him. He loves me unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment