Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Karma

It is raining today and has cooled down. A good day for reflecting on the karma. Karma is that which should guide your life. I do believe that if you do what you can to lead a good life then your Karma will be ok. Then there is that old adage that "you reap what you sow" or that Karma will come back to give what your gave. This lesson has been very clear in the last few months.
I was not a good daughter to my Dad for a few years. I choose to disappear and really didn't give a thought to how that disconnection affected him. I just didn't want to deal with anyone or anything at this low point in my life. The upside is that there was a reconnection and it was wonderful.
This came back to bite me, when an important person in my life decided to disconnect from me. She has disconnected from a lot of people in her life. Now it seems that she is learning that karma can come back to bite you. She has found that you cannot be the center of everyone's life and that you cannot manipulate what you want others to do. I do hope that at some point, (maybe when she is 60), she learns this valuable lesson.
As I said yesterday, all I really need is a Basset song. True unconditional love. We all need to learn this above all else.

2 comments:

  1. As an outsider taking a small peek into your world, I can't help but comment on this blog...Did you ever stop to think that maybe you are the reason behind any disconnect there may be? The way I see it is that some people choose to live their lives blaming all others for any issues that occur, while others try to be a good example to their children and rid their lives of any and all negative energy. Taking cheap shots at people in this manner solves nothing and only goes to show how low you are willing to stoop. If I were the person that you were blogging about, I'd say good riddance and wash my hands of you also. I think that in your "60th" year you should take a look in the mirror and see that you are the root of many problems. Do be careful though, you don't want the mirror to break! One final thought...negativity is like a horrible cancer. It grows and spreads and only leaves you hurting in the end.

    ReplyDelete