Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 6

The sun is shining after a few days of clouds and rain. It will be a lovely weekend. So, here are my thoughts on this lovely morning.
In light of all the craziness about the Federal Budget, I looked to find out what "tan Man" John Baynor makes in a salary. Holy crap, $223,500. No, wonder he doesn't want to tax the rich. Now this is just his salary, it doesn't take in to account all the other little under the table deals he has going on. Harry Reid employs 332 folks. What's the deal with that? It takes all these folks for one little old man to keep his poop in a group. Good grief! And we wonder why we are in such a mess. I say "clean your own damn house first" then come after the public.
Also, I looked to see what was happening in April of 1951. Julius and Ethel Rosenburg were sentenced to death for allegedly spying. I truly think that they were set up.
The Federal debt was 255.3 billion dollars. But then, we had just come out of WWII, and we were now going into Korea for the first of many "police" actions. Right, and we all know how well those have worked for us.
Unemployment was 5.3 percent. I wonder if that included any of the women who now were back home after the war effort didn't need them anymore.
Yul Brynner stepped into the Broadway production of the "King and I". One of my favorites. I would have danced across the world with him. An amazing performance and an incredibly sexy man.
Oh, and Libya gained its independence in Dec. of 1951. Ha, again, we all know were that one went. We installed a puppet Dictator and that has come back to bite us in the butt. Ahhhh, Karma!

No comments:

Post a Comment