Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1,2011

It is lovely this morning. Sun is shining and so far it isn't very hot. Not much was happening in 1951 on this day. The first titanium plant opened in Henderson, Nev.. I guess that is worth mentioning for those of you who care about such things.
I remember, June, as being the first full month of summer vacation. Summers filled with swimming and playing. I don't even remember thinking about anything else. There were bike rides, friends, and just having fun.
This summer, one of my Granddaughters, will be in Drivers Education. While I love the woman she is growing into, I sure miss that little girl that she was. Another Granddaughter, is off to several camps and serving communities through her church. Again, I can see them both swirling in fancy dresses for a wedding, and being thrilled that the dresses swished. Sweet cherub faces aglow with little girl things. Yet, there still is one Granddaughter to discover swirling fancy dresses, dolls, and such.
One Grandson (now all grown up) is off doing Army stuff. He is fulfilling a dream and I wish him well. But I miss the sweet little boy that was always thrilled to see Grandma. Another Grandson has a few jobs here and there to keep him busy, but he did tell me that he would like to spend most of his summer with me. I know that would last about a week, as I don't have a gaming system, or first run movies on the t.v., but I would love to have him here.
I remember spending time at my Uncle Wayne's farm in central Illinois. Oh, it was truly magical for me. My cousin, Larry, had horses and I would spend lots of time talking to his horse "Rascal". My cousin Linda was, to my way of thinking, beautiful and wonderful. Uncle Wayne let me hang out with him, ride the tractor and help build a fence around the farm. My Aunt Geraldine, was a wonderful cook and I helped (?) there. There was always something wonderful going on at their house.
Well, here is to summer childhood memories. I hope my readers have their own

No comments:

Post a Comment