Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 2011

Well, we were all supposed to be "raptured" yesterday. I'm still here and all my favorite folks are still here, as are all my favorite dogs. Guess, maybe, they had it all wrong. This prediction was supposedly based on mathematical predictions from the Bible. I was never any good at math, so like me maybe they just did the math wrong.
The same folks predicting this "end of the world" scenario also got it wrong back in the 90's. I do hope that he/she doesn't try again. I guess, though, as long as there are fools, someone will take advantage and offer to be the bigger fool.
I did like all the anti-rapture stuff on the internet. Some of it was just to funny.
So now we move on the end of world scenario of the Mayans. I tend to think that they just couldn't (again with the math) figure out what came after 2012, or they ran out of space on the rock calendar they were using to keep time.
There have always been predictions of the end of the earth and it certainly won't end with this silliness.
Seems to me the more likely scenario is that we will be our own demise. Our minds and beliefs are narrow. Until we can see the "big" picture we are surely doomed.
So here we go on to 2012 and the hope that the Mayans were just as bad at math as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment