Thursday, January 5, 2012

Last day

It is the last day before I turn 61. The shock of being in my 6th decade is fading, somewhat. I still have a hard time saying the year, but I am sure that will come within the next year or two.
As I wrap up this year, I am going to ramble about several things. So read on, and see where my mind has been over the last year.

Everyone seems to make New Year's Resolutions and then break them within a few weeks. I have never made a resolution. Why make myself feel guilty about one more thing in my life? I would say that I would like to be kinder and more understanding. However, when I see or hear something stupid, it is just not in my soul to be kinder and more understanding. I have inherited a family trait of not filtering the thoughts before they come out my mouth (or in the case of the internet ) my fingers. So dear reader, deal with it.

Now for random thoughts on the last year. I will start with the "Occupy Wall St." movement. I support the movement and am happy to see that the middle class are mad as hell. I would like to see the movement grow over the spring and summer. It is about time that we told the wealthy that they must pay their fair share. It is time to take down some Bankers. I would love to see them do time in some of the poorest places in America. I would like to see a majority of the Middle class move their money to Credit Unions and small local banks.

These thoughts aromatically move my thoughts to the Republicans. What a bunch of Bozos! I've watched as the candidates debated and stormed Iowa. Holy crap, it is like watching the most far fetched comedy that could have ever been written. It only validates what I've always believed. Republicans are just on the edge of insanity and some have gone all the way around the bend.
Also, I would just like to say. that when our former VP finally passes out of this world and on to hell, I would like to petition for that day to be declared a legal holiday and a Florida state holiday when our idiot Gov. Scott is finally out of office.

The shooting of Gabby Gifford. While I hate that some wacko felt that he had to take such drastic measures to get his point across, and that a child was killed as a result, I wonder if Ms. Gifford had been a middle or lower class person would she have received such specialized care? Would the person with average health insurance (paid out of an average paycheck), medicaid, or medicare received the same level of care? I truly doubt it. We pay for her insurance through our income tax, yet as an average American, we can't get the same level of care. How fair is that?

Now on to more personal tidbits. Humor is still my saving grace. I can laugh at nearly anything or in any situation. More importantly, I can laugh at myself. Seems most folks take themselves way to seriously. Time to lighten up folks.

In the past year I have come to the conclusion that cell phones are a necessary evil . It is nice to have one in case of emergencies, but folks have become downright rude with them. I have seen people texting and talking and taking photos and who knows what else with cell phones. When you are visiting with someone, I find it beyond rude to answer a phone or look at a text. Now, there are exceptions. My grandson, who is in Afghanistan can only call for a few minutes at a time. So anytime he calls our family drops everything to hear his voice. Or if one of the kids or grandkids call then it is only right to answer. I've seen people walk into poles or veer when driving while talking or texting. Have some manners with your phones.

The past year has brought some old friends back into my life. What a truly wonderful thing to happen. I have reconnected with people from my childhood and friends from adulthood that have drifted to the far flung corners of the earth. There is nothing that can lift a spirit like an old friend.

There are some folks that have passed on to their next realm. Friends and family that will never be forgotten. It seems as a person ages there are little holes in your heart from the people who have passed. Maybe, that is what finally gets us. Those little holes add up over time.

On to the New Year. What joy and sadness will it bring? Happy New Year to everyone. Love your family and friends. Forgive those who have hurt you. Look for good, rage about the bad, and have a passion for all things.


Look for a new blog in the coming months.










No comments:

Post a Comment